Terms and Conditions
- For safety reasons, do not bring any glass items - including bottles of wine or other alcoholic beverage -or sharp-edged knives to the event.
- Alcoholic drinks can be brought into the event in limited amounts. These quantities are per adult:
- Up to one litre of wine. (Standard boxes of wine will be accepted if shared between groups so long as the limit of one litre per adult is not exceeded.)
- Or four cans of beer
- Alcohol will be on sale at the event.
- No alcohol may be purchased or consumed by those under the age of 18.
- Proof of age will be requested from anyone who looks under 25 years of age. The only accepted forms of identity will be a photocard driving licence, passport or a proof of age card bearing the PASS hologram, eg Citizen card or Validate card. No photocopies will be permitted.
- Folding chairs and shooting sticks are permitted on site but are limited to one per person.
- The following articles are NOT permitted on site: Glass bottles, glass vessels or any form of glassware, sharp-edged knives, cork screws, barbeques, including disposable and camping stoves, flaming torches, fireworks, kites, spray cans, unmanned aerial vehicles (drones), smoke or gas canisters/cylinders (including aerosols and nitrous oxide), chinese lanterns, candles or naked flames, megaphones, air-horns, aerosols, bicycles, sound systems, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, unidentified substances, and any article that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety. Confiscated items cannot be returned upon exiting the festival site.
- No fires are permitted on site. Anyone involved with starting a fire or throwing anything onto a fire will be evicted from the event. No candles or naked flames are allowed.
- Do not bring drugs including legal highs to the event. You will be ejected from the event and you may be handed over to the police if found in possession.
- No animals will be permitted, other than guide dogs for blind and/or deaf attendees.
- Apart from children aged two or less, all those attending the event will need a valid ticket or concessionary pass.
- To book your tickets if you are an adult, or an adult booking with children (maximum of two children's tickets per one adult paying), go to the Lingfest 2018 website at www.lingfest.uk and click on the link for tickets.
- Concessionary passes for OAPs and tickets for those without access to a computer will be available from Lingfield and Dormansland Community Centre - either the Manager's office or the Parish Clerk's office. If seeking a concessionary pass, proof of age may be required.
- Those seeking a concessionary pass who want to acquire tickets for their grandchildren or other children (maximum of two children's tickets per one adult paying) should be aware that they must buy a ticket.
- Anybody under 16 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over. The adult may only be responsible for a maximum of two children. Proof of age may be requested upon entry.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any stage if deemed necessary in their opinion or if circumstances arise beyond their control. They also reserve the right to alter or change the programme without prior notification.
- Should the event be cancelled or the line-up changed, the organisers will not be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred. In the event of cancellation of the entire event only the face value of the ticket will be refunded. Applications for refunds should be obtained via the point of purchase, and requested no later than 3 months after the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse anyone entry to the site at their discretion and anyone who fails to comply with instructions from a steward (or other person acting on behalf of the organisers) may be ejected from the event without a refund. Furthermore, anyone found to be causing damage to the site, the site infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner, appearing to be under the influence of drugs will be ejected without a refund and may be reported to the police.
- For security reasons, random bag searches will take place on site. Anyone who refuses to be searched by a steward - or other person acting on their behalf - will be refused admission or ejected from the site.
- The organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission on their part.
- Attendees at the event should be aware that prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Loud noise may be heard at this event.